Friday, March 27, 2009

End of NBL season.

South Dragons VictoryWith a few personal dramas along the way I was unable to attend many games in the latter half of the NBL season.
I did however make it to the final game of the season.
This turned out to be game five of the grand final series.
Melbourne Tigers had managed to level the series at two games all and faced South Dragons at Hisense Arena.
On entry to the court it was obvious space was at a premium, not in the crowd but court-side for capturing images of the event.
Settling down at one end I began shooting.
The Tigers set out in an inspired fashion as was expected of such a class outfit.
The Dragons had other ideas and soon closed to gap to stamp their authority on the game.
As is now history they took the game in dominant style.
For my part it was a bittersweet experience having once followed the great Sydney Kings.
Without a team in the league I was forced to look elsewhere.
I'd originally liked the look of the Dragons but ultimately leaned towards the re-badged Sydney Spirit.
In this particular game my money was on the Tigers as I'd been made to feel very welcome at their home court, The Cage.
Despite my dilemma it was anything but a disappointing final.
The Dragons thoroughly deserved the win and as far as entertainment value goes it was right up there.
My photographic efforts now turn to SEABL and other local sports.
I'm hoping for a solid season for the Albury/Wodonga Bandits although some rebuilding has taken place.
Time will tell.

Trevor.

No comments: